home sweet home

We flew in last night at 7:30 to Detroit. We were all sad to leave Spain, but glad to sleep in a clean bed, with the lights out, no one yelling, and a clean bathroom without being worried about what we were stepping in or where to sit our stuff down that wouldn't be in a puddle of liquid with someone's hair...

Actually, our trip was amazing and we had great traveling companions with us, which made it that much better. There was a total of nine of us together for most of the trip. I'll do a run through of what we did so maybe our pictures will make more sense. Wednesday we arrived in Madrid, miraculously ran into Ryan (he was already there), got on the metro, then walked aimlessly around Madrid, knowing our hostel was somewhat close, but not sure where. After walking by the same people five times in three different directions, asking two businesses where we were, having 3 people try to point us in the right direction, we finally had a very nice gentlemen take our hand and lead us directly to the place. We dropped our stuff off and spent the rest of the day just exploring our new home for the week. Thursday we took a train to Segovia to see the Roman Aqueduct, cathedral, and the Alcazar-a castle. We had a great time walking around, but needless to say, we did not dress for the weather. We all dressed for a nice, beautiful sunny day as it was the day before and we ended up shivering more calories off than we ate that day. But still...a great time! Thursday night we went to a bull fight. We were very glad we went for the experience, yet it really led to weird feelings as you watched them torture a helpless animal (please be prepared for the pictures of the fight). Friday Jeff & I split from the rest of the group. Our original plan was to go to Toledo this day, but unfortunately the train we needed to be on was full, so we went to the northern part of Madrid to look at the soccer stadium instead. The following day there was going to be a game considered to be as important as the U.S. 'superbowl'. Lucky for us they happened to be giving tours at the time we were there so we decided to take advantage of the opportunity and saw the inside, walked right by the perfect field, sat in the player's seats, and saw the locker room. We then went to the palace in Madrid and enjoyed a great afternoon walking around there. Next step was to get to Granada, so we caught the train down and had the most BEAUTIFUL scenery. It was a cloudy late afternoon and looked like a thunderstorm was coming in, yet a little sunshine still came through shining on the mountains the train tracks ran by. Once we arrived in Granada, we took a taxi to our hotel and never have appreciated a clean hotel room as much as we did then. After having a great sleep, we started to explore Granada. We stopped at the market to get food for a picnic in the plaza, then walked to the other side of the city. Here we noticed a neat hiking trail up a mountain, so of course we had to explore, and as I said we were on the other side of the city so of course we were in our nice blue jeans and shirts with no change of clothes to hike in. But nonetheless we climbed on our hands and knees in 80 degree weather to a perfect spot that overlooked Granada with the Sierra Mountains in the distance. After climbing down the mountain, we made our way back to the hotel to put our feet up from the approximately 15 mile walk, exluding the hike, we did for the day. The next day we walked around the cathedral and made our way to the Alhambra. We decided we needed one nice meal so we found a neat restaurant overlooking the Alhambra on the hill that had great food, not to mention an amazing view. We then spent the rest of the day at the Alhambra, which I can't even describe in words how great it was. On our way back from the Alhambra Sunday night we found a bench in a plaza and people watched as we ate some ice cream. It was Spain's Labor Day weekend so all of the little girls and some of the mom's were dressed up in dresses with flowers in their hair and the boys were dressed up in suits and cowboy boots. Monday we took the train back to Madrid, made a brisk 1.5 mile walk up hill back to the hostel to drop of our bags and back to the train station to go to Toledo. Oddly enough as we were walking into Toledo we ran into the rest of our group...small world! Unfortunately they were on the way back to Madrid though so Jeff & I continued on with just the two of us and went to one of the best cathedral's in Spain, and got lost in the medieval looking city that sits on a hill. We also saw a beautiful castle there and most importantly ate McDonald's.... We enjoyed a sunset train ride back to Madrid that evening. We then went to the hostel to officially check in and then we were off to find one last churro with chocolate for dessert. Our trip couldn't have went any better and only once did we have a pick-pocketer (I'm not sure if that's the proper word) close to succeeding. What more could we ask for!

I went and picked up the dogs from the kennel this morning. They seemed to have liked their 'hotel' for the week, but I think they were glad to be back on thier own turf....they both went crazy when they walked in the door to the apartment. Oddly enough, I got a report that Jasper was a naughty boy at times and had to be 'put in his place a few times.." hmm...I am so suprised.

Back to the unpacking and grocery shopping I must go...

Love, Jeff & Nicole

Comments

  1. I just lost my man about three months ago though he is back again full of love and passion with the help of great man Dr. IKHIDE. I NORAH PEDRO from Norway, have been into a relationship with daniel mark since I was 22 years old and I am 28 now. I so much love him but I could not show the love, it was very difficult for me to prove my realness to him because I thought to prove my love to him might make him look down on me and go after other girls. for over six years Daniel has given me all that I ask of him. I always threatened him with break up each time I want to see his level of love for me because I was told if I threaten him, he will propose to me and then will get married to him before I can show my love despite his complains of him not sure of my love I was responding to him with negative words. though I was suspecting he has another girl in his life, I did not border to ask him about that because I was so sure of his love despite my attitude. on the 8th of September a day to my birthday he came and gave me so many lovely gifts like never before claiming to wish me a happy birthday in advance with his words and behavior I expected him to propose to me on my birthday night then I will also tell him of my pregnant for him. I wait for him on my birthday he did not show up not even a call, I tried his number and it was not going through I refuse to go check on him because the anger in me six days later I went to his house and I found nothing not even a sign of my Daniel once live there. I was disappointed, frustrated, confused with so many thoughts on my mind like hanging my self if I did not see him again because I can not my parent about the pregnancy when the man responsible for it had disappeared. our religion's against that, my family will be disappointed in me, I have brought them shame. I look for daniel everywhere till I could chat with him on social network, he warned me never to disturb him again because he already had found another girl that he wants to live his life with, after a while, he blocked me from all access then I could not tell him of my pregnancy for him. so, I needed help from all corners of life, I decide to check to google my self or read some write up on-site on how to coup with my pain because I could not tell anybody about it not even my friends were aware of my pregnancy. I keep reading to cancel my self till I find how Dr. IKHIDE helps so many persons from different walks of life with their testimonies. then I decide to also contact him with dr.ikhide@gmail.com. Because I do not know much about contacting a spell caster, I was not sure he can bring my Dan back but I decide to give him a try though his requirement was another problem I meet with a friend for help because I could not the items that he needed I have to plead with Dr. IKHIDE to help me get the items because really need my man back to take away my shame. just two days after I send him the requirement Daniel calls me, plead for forgiveness. just yesterday he propose to me and I am so happy. you can also contact him with email: - dr.ikhide@gmail.com or whatsapp :- +2349058825081





























    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment