Rain Drops

Another rainy day here in San Diego. It's crazy how much rain we have gotten here this last couple of months.  As much as we love, love the San Diego sun the rain is a constant reminder of the blessings the Lord has poured down on us through Ezra's journey and the love we have for him.  As I have mentioned before, some of those blessings include the beautiful primary nurses, both on the inside and out,  that took Ezra under their wings and loved him as their own, especially when we weren't able to physically be there. When I looked out the window today I thought of one of the sweet poems that our nurse Linda wrote for Ezra the week after his passing and wanted to share it.  

Rain Drops!
When I was born you stood by my side,
I felt your love, I felt your pride.
On good days you celebrated progress made,
On bad days you loved me as hope started to fade.
When I was born you were always there,
Showing me the depth of your love and care.
You made me strong on my darkest of days,
I felt all your love in so many ways.
When I was born you held my hand,
I know this was not how you’d planned.
My time with you was not very long,
But your faith in me always stayed strong.

When I was born the sky was blue,
It was a message sent from me to you.
Keep love and faith deep in your heart,
That way we will never be far apart.
On days of sadness when raindrops fall,
Know that I am looking down upon you all.
Each raindrop falling from the sky,
Sends my love to you from way up high.
By
Linda Black
Resident Scottish Nurse
December 16th 2016


Comments

Post a Comment