Reflecting on 2017

What a whirlwind 2017 was.  So many changes.  So many good things we looked forward to.  So many hard things we had to say good-bye to.  We grew exponentially in many ways.  We've changed.  We've had arguably the hardest and ugliest hours, days, weeks, and even months in 2017 as individuals and as a family.  But we've also had some of the best and most beautiful hours, days, weeks, and even months in 2017.  Experiences at work has allowed us to see life in a different perspective when you see what other people are going through but when we, ourselves, have gone through those dark days it even put it more in perspective which has allowed us to not be perfect by any means but to let many things go and change our priorities, especially as parents.

1. Parenting.

Malachi can still touch every nerve and test every ounce of patience we have but now we can laugh easier about it behind closed doors and honestly enjoy some of his tactics without him knowing it rather than worrying that we are doing something majorly wrong as parents and analyze how to change and hoping this stage would end quickly.  Watching and talking to Mikayla as she processes her thoughts and how beautifully she is growing both on the inside and outside has brought so much joy to us.  Never have we just sat and enjoyed ourselves as much as we do now with both kids. Again, we are far, far from perfect parents but we've learned how precious these lives are, how easily they can be taken away, and how they aren't always brought into this world easily, and sadly aren't always meant to stay.  We always thought we knew how much each child is a blessing but not until 2017 did we truly know it.  This isn't just our children, it's all children.  For that we are so grateful for.

2. Family.

The next thing that comes to mind reflecting on 2017 is family.  We both came from amazing families but I think until 2017 we may have just taken this for granted and not realized how important those times our parents put aside for just family time was.  Now family time is even more of a top priority for us.  Mikayla even prays for family time in her day...nothing like melting our hearts to hear that.  Malachi considers us and Mikayla his "best friends" (just not always his "favorite friends" ;) ) and says it to us many times a week...another heart melter.  Time together playing games, watching a movie, going sledding, dancing around the house, hugs, good-night kisses, etc. has become even that much more important to us in 2017.

3. Extended family.

Appreciating our biggest cheerleaders from the sidelines even when they don't see the best of us is our extended family. How much we've learned that they are there for us no matter what happens. Willingness to give themselves to us, especially our parents, no matter how much time off they have to take from work or change their plans last minute to be there for us. Loving us for us.  There are no words to describe the extra lengths many members of our families have went for us in 2017.

4.  Friends.

Another reflection of 2017 is how amazing our friends have been and what an important role they have played in our lives.  Something we've always appreciated but never new how deeply we appreciated was these friendships.  Friendships from all over the place that continue to grow despite how many miles are between us.  People who truly have shown such deep love to us no matter how little or long they have known us.  We only hope that we can show how much these friendships mean to us back to you and that we can be there for you as you have been for us.

5.  Co-workers.

We were so fortunate for the amazing co-workers both of us had in 2017.  Nicole's past co-workers at U of M and her other co-workers (a.k.a. other women, moms, and wives) and Jeff's mentors and many co-workers from U of M, St. Joes, Scripps, and St. Luke's who didn't have to but chose to be some of our biggest supporters during 2017.  Showing and teaching us along with putting into perspective how important a job is but how to balance life outside of work with work and just plain giving us encouragement and support by going above and beyond what was expected has been a huge blessing.

How such a little life in Ezra can open these realizations to a whole different level is beyond us but makes us beyond grateful.  As much as we both were glad that November and December has passed because of the emotional aspect of it all I don't think either of us feel one way or another about if we are happy or sad to see 2017 end.  I think the best way to describe how we celebrated bringing in the new year was just in silence, reflection, and contentment.  Realizing once again how God can use suffering and hardships for the good and just appreciating that for what it is- not liking that we had to go through in 2016/2017 but being in awe of what has come of it.

Happy New Year!    

Comments

  1. I just lost my man about three months ago though he is back again full of love and passion with the help of great man Dr. IKHIDE. I NORAH PEDRO from Norway, have been into a relationship with daniel mark since I was 22 years old and I am 28 now. I so much love him but I could not show the love, it was very difficult for me to prove my realness to him because I thought to prove my love to him might make him look down on me and go after other girls. for over six years Daniel has given me all that I ask of him. I always threatened him with break up each time I want to see his level of love for me because I was told if I threaten him, he will propose to me and then will get married to him before I can show my love despite his complains of him not sure of my love I was responding to him with negative words. though I was suspecting he has another girl in his life, I did not border to ask him about that because I was so sure of his love despite my attitude. on the 8th of September a day to my birthday he came and gave me so many lovely gifts like never before claiming to wish me a happy birthday in advance with his words and behavior I expected him to propose to me on my birthday night then I will also tell him of my pregnant for him. I wait for him on my birthday he did not show up not even a call, I tried his number and it was not going through I refuse to go check on him because the anger in me six days later I went to his house and I found nothing not even a sign of my Daniel once live there. I was disappointed, frustrated, confused with so many thoughts on my mind like hanging my self if I did not see him again because I can not my parent about the pregnancy when the man responsible for it had disappeared. our religion's against that, my family will be disappointed in me, I have brought them shame. I look for daniel everywhere till I could chat with him on social network, he warned me never to disturb him again because he already had found another girl that he wants to live his life with, after a while, he blocked me from all access then I could not tell him of my pregnancy for him. so, I needed help from all corners of life, I decide to check to google my self or read some write up on-site on how to coup with my pain because I could not tell anybody about it not even my friends were aware of my pregnancy. I keep reading to cancel my self till I find how Dr. IKHIDE helps so many persons from different walks of life with their testimonies. then I decide to also contact him with dr.ikhide@gmail.com. Because I do not know much about contacting a spell caster, I was not sure he can bring my Dan back but I decide to give him a try though his requirement was another problem I meet with a friend for help because I could not the items that he needed I have to plead with Dr. IKHIDE to help me get the items because really need my man back to take away my shame. just two days after I send him the requirement Daniel calls me, plead for forgiveness. just yesterday he propose to me and I am so happy. you can also contact him with email: - dr.ikhide@gmail.com or whatsapp :- +2349058825081





























    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment