Beating the 1%

We did it. We beat the 1% slump.  And it feels gooood. A task that seemed so silly but felt unattainable and like we were climbing Mt. Everest without any training.
  • 1% chance of having a baby with a congenital condition.
  • 1% chance you will get a spinal headache.
  • 1% chance it was a seizure and not just him coming out of the paralytic and sedation.
I could go on with all the statistics we were told but you get the point. All things doctors who we really respect and played key rolls in our journey with Ezra told us rightly so.  But someone has to be the statistic and we were that 1% that didn't go right. Which is where the fear and anxiety spurred with the delivery our new bundle of joy came from.  But we beat the small odds of all the 1% chances that something will go wrong during the delivery and he is here and filling our hearts with unexplainable joy and happiness.




Some people have asked what delivery day was like.  It was surreal.  The previous Friday when we went in and ended up with the heart rate fluctuation was reassurance that the c-section was the right choice for us. I refused to look at my vital signs this time during the procedure and just had Jeff's reassurance.  Last c-section involved my already low blood pressure to dip way down where I would start to black out until the magical medication was given to give me a boost and then would rocket up where I would get hot, sweaty, and naseaus.  Then back to hypotensive where I would say it's going down again only to look up and see the numbers start to plummet (sometimes ignorance in this department would be better). Knowing how I reacted last time and with the wonderful anesthesiologist pre-medicating for this occurrence it was a much better experience and less scary. When our little guy came out he screamed and in my head I counted. One, two....pause.  That was when Ezra was whisked away, after his second scream. The wait for the third scream seemed like forever but when it came I could breath a little lighter.  This time Jeff could stand up every once in awhile and look over at the isolette to make sure everything was still going well. The whole OR team was so wonderful and spoke to my fears.  From our amazing OB doc saying instantly "Look at how much amniotic fluid there is. There is more then adequate! Look at all this hair! He's a nice size baby Nicole. Just look at how much hair he has! " excitedly and commenting on how my tissue looked, etc. to continuing to the pediatrician and various other staff commenting on things of how the baby was doing loud enough so we could hear them.  Probably not all things they normally comment on but they were so welcomed.  I then got to hold him as they continued to stitch me up and Jeff got to be right by both of us admiring him and watching him suck on his fingers and reveal his adorable little dimple and that was also surreal.  They wheeled me back to recovery and spent the first minutes slightly concerned as the blood pressure cuff was reading my b/p 225/201 consistently on both arms and with a cuff change and wire change.  Thankfully it was the actual monitor on the wall and the travel monitor showed to be normotensive and everyone could breath a little easier (the first time it wasn't me holding my breath ;)). The following three days had so many emotions but there is not one name to those emotions.  As much happiness and relief that those days brought it was when we walked out to the car, put his car seat in, and started to drive away was when reality hit and finally an emotion with a name came-pure joy. Tears rolled and Jeff just smiled. That was one of the best and most beautiful drives we've ever had. We walked into the house and the same feeling hit.  All the anxiety, the fear, and the unexplainable feelings melted into happiness soup.  I still feel like a new mom worrying about every detail and sound and activity he makes, catching myself analyzing his moves for a seizure, and just waiting for something to be wrong.  But overall those worries have been minimal when compared to all of the good emotions. God is good.  Through the good, the bad, the beautiful, and the ugly times.  Even when plans don't go the way we want and satan's tactics tend to blind us of His goodness.

A huge thank you to all of you who prayed for us that day and have continued to do so.  I hope to write about that morning someday in the near future but for now please know how much they were felt, appreciated, and answered in so many ways.


Image may contain: one or more people

Image may contain: 1 person, child, baby and closeup
Image may contain: one or more people and closeup
Image may contain: one or more peopleImage may contain: 1 person, baby and closeupImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, sleeping, baby and closeup


Image may contain: 1 person, closeup


Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, sleeping, baby and child


(Thank you so much Sharon at Three Irish Girls photography for capturing these beautiful moments.)

Comments

  1. Ezekiel is beautiful!! I'm so happy for you guys!!!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just lost my man about three months ago though he is back again full of love and passion with the help of great man Dr. IKHIDE. I NORAH PEDRO from Norway, have been into a relationship with daniel mark since I was 22 years old and I am 28 now. I so much love him but I could not show the love, it was very difficult for me to prove my realness to him because I thought to prove my love to him might make him look down on me and go after other girls. for over six years Daniel has given me all that I ask of him. I always threatened him with break up each time I want to see his level of love for me because I was told if I threaten him, he will propose to me and then will get married to him before I can show my love despite his complains of him not sure of my love I was responding to him with negative words. though I was suspecting he has another girl in his life, I did not border to ask him about that because I was so sure of his love despite my attitude. on the 8th of September a day to my birthday he came and gave me so many lovely gifts like never before claiming to wish me a happy birthday in advance with his words and behavior I expected him to propose to me on my birthday night then I will also tell him of my pregnant for him. I wait for him on my birthday he did not show up not even a call, I tried his number and it was not going through I refuse to go check on him because the anger in me six days later I went to his house and I found nothing not even a sign of my Daniel once live there. I was disappointed, frustrated, confused with so many thoughts on my mind like hanging my self if I did not see him again because I can not my parent about the pregnancy when the man responsible for it had disappeared. our religion's against that, my family will be disappointed in me, I have brought them shame. I look for daniel everywhere till I could chat with him on social network, he warned me never to disturb him again because he already had found another girl that he wants to live his life with, after a while, he blocked me from all access then I could not tell him of my pregnancy for him. so, I needed help from all corners of life, I decide to check to google my self or read some write up on-site on how to coup with my pain because I could not tell anybody about it not even my friends were aware of my pregnancy. I keep reading to cancel my self till I find how Dr. IKHIDE helps so many persons from different walks of life with their testimonies. then I decide to also contact him with dr.ikhide@gmail.com. Because I do not know much about contacting a spell caster, I was not sure he can bring my Dan back but I decide to give him a try though his requirement was another problem I meet with a friend for help because I could not the items that he needed I have to plead with Dr. IKHIDE to help me get the items because really need my man back to take away my shame. just two days after I send him the requirement Daniel calls me, plead for forgiveness. just yesterday he propose to me and I am so happy. you can also contact him with email: - dr.ikhide@gmail.com or whatsapp :- +2349058825081





























    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment